Your holistic manual for traumatic brain injury rehabilitation and care.
by Leon Edward (Author), Dr. ANUM KHAN (Author)
From understanding symptoms and accurate diagnosis with early recovery to long term goal, covered are the mechanics, anatomy, symptoms of brain injury, diagnosis, levels, acute management and treatment options, rehabilitation, early recovery, outcomes of tbi, mtbi or concussion, discharge plan, post-concussion syndrome, what to expect, goal setting, outpatient rehabilitation therapies, caregiving at home, caretaker fatigue. Provided are online resources , tips for living your best life as summary action tables for dealing with fatigue , symptoms and tips for cognitive impairment, Emotions, Communication issues, Behavior issues. Traumatic Brain Injury is a silent global epidemic, and the outcome of this tragic event spans a wide spectrum of symptoms, future complications and disabilities. While prevention is the cure, it is an undeniable fact that living with Traumatic Brain Injury is the real challenge.
From Concussions or mTBi to traumatic brain injury, this book will be your best guide in learning about TBI scientifically and practically, so you can be ready to take the right action at the right time to limit the damage and overcome the challenges that come with it, both as the caretaker and as the patient.
The good news, however, is that with the right knowledge and approach, you can live a normal life after any TBI.
Contents Included:(for detail see ‘Look Inside’ feature on Amazon)
- UNDERSTANDING THE MECHANICS OF TBI
Second Impact Syndrome (SIS)
Protection and Symptoms
Testing and Diagnosis of TBI
- THE FIRST FEW DAYS IMPORTANCE
- EARLY RECOVERY AFTER TBI
Caregiving at home
When to return to the hospital?
How to feel better?
- LONG-TERM GOALS
- MILD TBI AND CONCUSSION
Coping with Mtbi
Sleep Patterns and Life Routine
Vocational and Educational Empowerment
Prevention and Recurrence
- COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT and TIPS
- BEHAVIOR and TIPS
- EMOTION and TIPS
- COMMUNICATION and TIPS
About the Authors
Leon Edward and Dr. Anum Khan
- For Leon Edward, the past 35 years since the tbi left one lingering desire: the need to give something back, a way to provide something meaningful for the families and loved ones of patients who now, or in the future, will face the same painful disruption of their lives and the same long journey he had to undertake such a long time ago.“I want to be clear in the introduction that I am not a health professional as my co author Dr. Khan , but rather an engineer that has had a tbi” – Leon EdwardThis book was written by one deeply caring brother for his brothers and sisters suffering the same or even a worse fate after surviving traumatic brain injuries – and with deep admiration and appreciation for their families and caretakers who will help to guide them.
For Leon it has become an ingrained part of his existence to help others enjoy life after suffering serious injuries, even if it only means that he can help others who are disabled or living alone with words of hope, encouragement of inspiration.
- Dr. Anum Khan enjoys crafting health content that genuinely helps the readers in a practical and insightful way. She believes that a healthy life is everyone’s true right, and it must be taught in an easy and effective manner using the most authentic information and relatable voice.
“This book comes with the same intent: To help sufferers, families and professionals learn more about TBI with a holistic approach, and to equip them with all the knowledge they will need on this journey.”
- CONCUSSION, TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY, mTBI ULTIMATE REHABILITATION GUIDE:Your holistic manual for traumatic brain injury rehabilitation and care( paperback or Kindle ebook)
Top reviews from the United StatesMarie-elena BakerHelps to explain concussion
Reviewed in the United StatesI liked the info I read as I have a recent concussion and medical field not being to helpful .8 people found this helpfulTami ComstockHelped me understand
Reviewed in the United StatesThis booked helped me understand what we are going through right now4 people found this helpfulSea StarExcellent summation of TBI’s
Reviewed in the United StatesThis book clearly outlines causes of a TBI occurring, explains what occurs afterwards, and how to cope with living life as a patient or caregiver when it has occurred. I would have liked to see a review of nutritional additions that assist healing in a damaged brain.4 people found this helpfulRACHAELKELLYCOHENa good overview for patient and family
Reviewed in the United Statesi wish we read this book at the time of a family member’s injury and during recovery. Unfortunately the hospital and rehab center provided very little education to anyone. this book would be improved by a proof reader
Top reviews from other countriesJo AbbottLife experiences to support all TBI patients and families
Reviewed in the United KingdomVerified PurchaseI ran a highlighter out reading this book!
It’s clearly written, precise, and makes the science underpinning TBIs made simple for all to benefit from.
I’m a clinician supporting a severe TBI survivor and her family and this book is full of tips, support, and advice for all.5 gold stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐well done to both authorsOne person found this helpfulProf Eddie FisherComprehensive Guide on Traumatic Brain Injury
Reviewed in the United KingdomExcellent publication that covers the topic of Traumatic Brain Injury well, combining theory and practical application. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to know more about TBI.